"A BIT" OF HISTORY
The founder of the company's long history, Olivieri Giuseppe was born the 10th January 1920 in Montaglioni di Preci, a little village in Monti Sibillini.
After he had finished elementary school he is sent by his father to Toscana, in Pistoia in order to become a butcher/ to learn the butcher's work.In the artisanal workshop where "the apprentice learns with the eyes" the young talented Giuseppe studies and acquires the secrets of the art of "norcina"/traditional pork butchery.After the Second World War he establishes the first manufacture and selling meat shop in Via Garibaldi, in the historical city centre of Foligno.In 1955 he decides to extend the laboratory in the centre and moves it into a bigger place in the same street. It is in this context that one of the daughters of Giuseppe, Concetta, learns all the secrets of the apprentice and continues the legacy of his family along with her husband Paris Sante, a skilled pork butcher as well.Handed down from generation to generation, the commitment and passion for the "norcina" expertise are the key elements to the success of Olivieri's family. Those key elements are still expressed by the son Andrea that manages the activities of the company along with his parents since 1989.